Sports Hall and Clubs
Our sports hall is a multi-purpose area lined for basketball & badminton. There is also an overhead viewing balcony. We have hosted some great fitness events here over the years such as SPORTSCO’S Super Saturday, Zumba Mashup, and “Dublin’s Fittest Workplace” Challenge in aid of MS Ireland. It is also the venue for our Strongman classes on the fitness timetable.
- Badminton Member Rates, pay per play – €12 per hour, €15 when playing with a guest. Call Reception to book, 6687022 ext. 0
- See also Club section below for details on the Badminton Club that bases themselves at SPORTSCO.
- Full Hall Hire/Basketball – €65 off peak , €75 peak (after 5pm weekdays) with discounts for block bookings – email Zuzana for more info
Clubs in SPORTSCO
The volleyball club play a mixed sex friendly game every Tuesday night from 7 to 8pm. Anyone interested in playing can come along on the night and join in. For more information contact Brian Ryan on email@example.com
The ESB Badminton Club has been in existence for over thirty years. Badminton is an energetic, skilful sport and our club caters for all levels of ability. The social aspect of the club is very important and we organise many fun events throughout the year. Our teams compete in the Dublin and District Leagues from class 1 to class 6 and have had many successes over the years.
The winter club runs on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights from September to May in the SPORTSCO hall. League and Cup matches are held on Tuesdays, with Thursdays and Saturdays reserved for general play. Our summer club runs on Thursday nights only, from 8pm to 10pm. We currently have mens, ladies and mixed teams in the Dublin Leagues. Coaching is available for improvers early in the winter season. We hold club competitions in September and April. Social activities include a treasure hunt, weekend away, fun tournaments, Christmas and end of season functions.
Membership is open to all SPORTSCO members over the age of 16. If you are interested in joining or want further information you are very welcome to come along any club night to meet the members and have a few games. Information is also available on esbbadmintonclub.com/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively check out their Facebook Page. You can also contact one of the following:
- Michael Murphy 087-2677500 email@example.com
- Mary Byrne 087-2796600 firstname.lastname@example.org
SPORTSCO Golf Society
Set up in 1998 by SPORTSCO members with an interest in golf, the club handicapping system is designed to give all members an equal chance of winning. The emphasis is on friendly camaraderie and having fun. Over the years we have played the very best of courses and will continue with this policy. For more information, please email Frank or download the application form.
SPORTSCO Golf Society outings 2017
- Tuesday 18th April Ardee Golf Club
- Tuesday 30th May Beaverstown Golf Club
- Tuesday 30th May 2017 Beaverstown at 12.30pm
- Tuesday 27th June 2017 Blainroe, Wicklow, at 12 noon
- Tuesday 18th July 2017 – Balcarrick Golf Club – 1.27 Tee Time
- Tuesday 22nd August 2017 – Castleknock Golf Club – 12.30 Tee Time
- Tuesday 5th September 2017 – Charlesland Golf Club – 12.30 Tee Time